Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Trying to find balance

I suppose it's hard being human sometimes. We all go through periods of doubt and feeling alone, whether things are going well or going poorly. Some handle it better than others, simply because they are wired that way. Then there are those that sink so deep that the only way they feel they can get out is addiction or suicide. I don't fall prey to either of the latter, but I do sometimes feel alone and doubtful. In those times I guess I just remind myself of all the positive things there are in my life. The old mantra rings true, "count your blessings." But the overwhelming sense of failure sometimes continues to lurk in the recesses of my brain. I suppose the only way to overcome it is to get up and get busy doing something productive. You can't win, if you don't play. The human animal is an interesting one. We all want to be accepted in one way or another and we all go about it in different ways. I suppose the bottom line is you won't find acceptance, true acceptance, until you are willing to accept yourself for the imperfect being that you are. Additionally we have to be willing to keep working toward something. Whatever it is. Give yourself purpose and if you ultimately fail, pick yourself up and try again. Some people are born great, others have it thrust upon them, and there is a third category of those who never stopped working until they found their greatness. We are all great in some way... find your greatness.

My thought for the day is... There is a fine line between confidence and conceited just as there is between humility and insecurity.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Great blogs, love this motto you have! .... a gifted writer you are =)