Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The non-fan

This is a post for all my sports fans out there. We have all been through the wins and losses.. the ups and downs. We've experienced the sore loser and the sore winner. Both, equally uncomfortable.. but I think there is actually something worse than all the worst of a bad loss and a fan of the other team giving it to ya like there is no tomorrow.. and that is the person who has no dog in the fight but decides to gouge at you anyway.. just to pile on.

I can take a ribbing from a fan who obviously bleeds with their team a lot easier than that of a once in a while fan who happens to be on board the win wagon. But nothing chaps my hide worse than someone who just wants to get a shot in.. to.. I don't know.. make themselves feel better? You've seen them.. sometimes they are hard to detect... but I would wager most of them are women. Sorry girls...but the fact is more men enjoy sport than do ladies and I know first hand some of those that I speak of.. they couldn't tell who starts on the O-line or QB, hell they probably wouldn't know when game time is if not for their man following so closely. You know who you are...you would rather be shopping or going to a fall festival and if 'your team' loses.. you could care less... but should they win, you are the first to thump your chest. Now this is not to say all ladies observe this moniker... but to those who do.. shame on you... and to the men who do contribute to this sort of behavior... catch fire!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I grew up in a house with four brothers and one tv... it was either watch sports or hide in my room. Subsequently, I am one of those women who really GETS sports. Now... that being said... I do have a completely female tendency to be colonized by whatever man is in my life at the time. His favorite sports team because my favorite sports team. It's just easier that way...